Tested Recipe Adapted from http://www.noobcook.com
500g chicken thigh, chopped to smaller pieces
200 ml red glutinous wine
1 heaped tbsp quality red glutinous wine lees
3 slices ginger, cut to thin strips
3 slices ginger
200g shimeji mushrooms
2 tbsp sesame oil
1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
2 small rock sugar cubes or a small pinch of sugar
Finishing Touches (optional)
2 tbsp red glutinous wine
Coriander for garnishing
1. In a wok, heat sesame oil. Add ginger strips and fry them until crisp. Set aside the ginger strips for garnishing.
2. Using the remaining sesame oil in the wok, add chicken pieces. Stir fry until the chicken is cooked on the surface.
3. Add wine, wine lees, mushrooms, ginger slices and light soy sauce. Stir well. Cover with lid and let it simmer for about 5 minutes.
4. Using kitchen tongs or spatula, flip the chicken pieces over so that they can absorb the sauce evenly. Add rock sugar for sweetness and a beautiful glazed finish. Simmer with lid closed for another 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
5. Dish to a deep serving plate and if you like, drizzle two tbsp of red glutinous wine for the extra wine aroma. Garnish with fried ginger prepared in step 1 and coriander. Enjoy with warm white rice.