Tested Recipe Adapted from Patricia Lee’s Delicious Nyonya Kueh & Desserts
2kg blended tapioca
250g thick coconut milk
50g grated coconut
4 eggs, beaten
2 tsp sago flour
A few drops of yellow food colouring
A pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 170C.
- Squeeze out the liquid from the blended tapioca under running tap water for a few minutes.
- Combine all the ingredients with the tapioca and mix well.
- Grease a baking tin on base and sides. Then line with banana leaf. Pour mixture into the tray.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes till light brown. Switch to 150C and bake for 40-50 minutes further or till cooked. Insert a toothpick at the centre of the kueh. If it comes out clean, it is cooked.
- Remove from oven and allow cooling for 10 minutes. Unmould kueh and allow kueh to cool completely before cutting.