Tested Recipe Adapted from wendyinkk.blogspot.my
2 Japanese cucumbers
1 long slim carrot, peeled
1 red onion
4 Calamansi limes
1.5 – 2 tbsp sugar
1/3 tsp salt
2 bird’s eye chilli, thinly sliced
2 heaped tbsp crushed toasted peanuts
1. Slice cucumber and carrots lengthwise using a vegetable peeler.
2. Soak cucumber and carrot ribbons in iced water for at least 30 minutes (you can do this few hours in advance and soak the ribbons in water and chill it.)
3. Prepare dressing. Juice Calamansi limes, discard seeds. Put in salt and add in 1 tbsp of sugar. Mix and taste, adding more sugar as you adjust the taste.
4. Add in bird’s eye chilli.
5. Slice onions and toss them in the dressing. Leave it until it’s almost time to serve.
6. 10 minutes before serving, drain ribbons and shake them in colander to remove excess water.
7. Just before serving, toss ribbons with half the peanuts and the onions and dressing.
8. Sprinkle with balance of peanuts.