Tested Recipe Adapted from Masa
2 pcs salmon
4 pcs pumpkin
12-16 pcs French beans
4 nos cherry tomatoes
30g shallots (chopped)
Some white pepper
50cc white wine
50cc white wine vinegar
2 nos egg yolk
2 tbsp water
120g clarified butter
¼ tsp salt
50g diced pear
Some Italian parsley
1. Heat up a pot on medium heat, pour in the white wine, white wine vinegar, white pepper and chopped shallots. Simmer until evaporated. Turn off flame and leave aside to cool completely.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, add in egg yolk,1 tbsp of water together with the mixture prepared in step 1. Set aside.
3. Melt the butter in a bowl on top of the double-boiler. Turn the heat to low and start whisking the butter until it becomes like form of mayonnaise. Remove and set aside.
4. Slowly add in the egg yolk mixture prepared in step 2 into the whisked butter in step 3, constantly whisking until well combined. Add in salt and strain it. Add on the diced pear and minced Italian parsley. Stir well and set aside.
- Marinade the salmon with some salt and black pepper.
6. Heat up a griller on high heat, grease it slightly, fry the salmon for a few minutes and turn it to 90 degree to fry the other side in order to have the criss-cross design. Using the same method to fry the French beans, pumpkin, cherry tomatoes and pear. Dish out and set aside.
7. To serve: lay the salmon fillet on top of the French bean, pumpkin, pear and cherry tomato on a serving platter and drizzle with some sauce béarnaise. Serve.