Tested Recipe with Slight Adjustment Adapted from www.maangchi.com
1/4 cup of sweet rice
6 cloves of garlic
6 red dates
2 slices of ginger
1 korean ginseng
Green onions for garnishing
(I’ve also added 6 nos of chestnut for this recipe)
1. Wash and rinse your chicken in cold running water.
2. Soak 1/4 cup of sweet rice for 1 hour.
3. Stuff the chicken with the sweet rice, a ginseng root, a few jujubes, chestnut and 3-4 cloves of garlic. Place it in a pot.
4. Pour water into the pot and boil it over high heat for 20 minutes. When it starts boiling, skim off any foam and fat that rises to the surface. Then pour in more water and boil it over medium heat for 40 minutes.
5. When it cooks properly, the chicken will be easily pulled apart by chopsticks.
6. Serve it with salt and pepper and kimchi or kaktugi.