Tested Recipe Adapted from taiwanduck.com
2 medium squid, chopped into pieces 2.5cm (or 1 inch) square approximately
1 red chilli, 1 green chilli (as hot as you want) chopped finely
Half a green pepper, chopped finely but a little bigger than the other spices
Half an onion chopped finely
2 cloves of garlic, chopped finely
A small piece of ginger chopped finely
1 tsp of salt and 2 tsp of coarse black pepper
Coating – flour, egg and potato flour
1. Chop the squid as described above.
2. Get ready the other ingredients – the spices can be put into one bowl and the coating stuff should be put on 3 plates.
3. Dip the squid in the flour then the egg, then the potato flour (or sweet potato flour).
4. After you’ve done all the squid pieces and you see the coating looks a bit wet, that means it’s ready to fry – the coating will stick well.
5. Fry the coated squid pieces until golden brown, then take it out and drain, pour excess oil from the pan.
6. Into the still hot pan put the spices in, starting with the ginger, then onion, garlic, chillis then green pepper.
7. When those ingredients have fried and softened you put the crispy pieces of squid back into the pan and toss it and mix it all together.
8. Now it’s ready to serve, we like it on it’s own, with other dishes and also with white rice.