Tested Recipe Adapted from taiwanduck.com
Ingredients (make 18 flatbreads)
20 to 25 spring onion
400g beef (or pork) mince
3 tbsp black pepper
1 tsp white pepper
20g melted butter
1 tsp sugar
2 tbsp salt
1. Cook the mince with 1 tbsp of salt, 1 tsp white pepper and 2 tbsp of black pepper (probably don’t need oil in your pan as mince has a little bit of fat), set it aside in a bowl.
2. Chop up your spring onions quite finely and put them in a big mixing bowl.
3. Mix the mince and chopped spring onion together, now pour in butter and mix it some more, add the extra 1 tbsp of salt and a tsp of sugar, add another tbsp of black pepper – now the filling is finished, set it to one side.
4. Make the dough by putting 500g of plain flour into a mixing bowl, add 150ml boiling hot water in it using your chopsticks (not hands!), then add 150ml of cold water but by bit, mixing it in until you have a good dough.
5. Knead the dough and when it’s a good consistency leave it to rest for about 20 minutes covered over.
6. Roll the dough on your table to make a long roll and chop it into about 18 pcs.
7. Each disc will make one flatbread with 2 tbsp of the mince/spring onion filling folded into it.
8. Now we will fry the flatbreads in a very small amount of oil until they are golden brown on both sides, when they look ready they are ready! Remember the filling was already cooked.