2 cups fragrant rice
2 cups water
1 pc Chinese sausage (lap cheong)
1 pc Chinese liver sausage (yun cheong)
1 pc Chinese preserved meat
1 pc Chinese preserved duck leg
Some chopped spring onion
1. Wash and rinse fragrant rice a few times. Transfer to a steaming plate. Add in 2 cups water and soak for 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, scald the Chinese sausages, preserved meat and preserved duck leg with hot water. Discard the water and drain. Cut into bite size and set aside.
3. Steam the rice at the steamer on high heat for about 10 minutes or until the rice has absorbed most of the water.
4. Arrange the sliced Chinese sausages, preserved meat and preserved duck leg on top of the rice and continue to steam for another 15 minutes.
5. Turn off heat and leave it for another 5 minutes.
6. Dish out the preserved meat and sausages first. Use fork & spoon to mix the rice so that the flavour are well distributed.
7. To keep warm, transfer the rice to a clay pot and arrange the preserved meat and sausages on top. Garnish with some chopped spring onion and serve immediately.