Tested Recipe Adapted from Choong Su Yin
600g tofu fish meat
80g chopped fatty meat
1 stalk spring onion (chopped)
¼ slice dried tangerine peel (finely cut)
45g potato flour
A pinch of pepper
1 tsp sesame oil
- Mix water and potato flour. Blend fish meat into a paste.
- Put fish paste into blender, add in salt and blend till sticky.
- Add in flour mixture in 3 batches and continue blending till sticky.
- Add in fatty meat and mix evenly. Add in seasonings and mix well. Lastly stir in tangerine peel and spring onion.
- Shape small balls by hand, soak them in water for 2 hours or overnight (cover the fish cake with water). Remove and keep it in the freezer overnight. Steam over medium-low heat for 8 minutes. Serve. (I’ve added some blanched frozen green peas as garnishing)