Tested Recipe Adapted from wendyinkk.blogspot.my
500-600g of pork belly, skin on
1/2 cup sweet rice wine
2 soup spoon light soy sauce
2 soup spoon dark soy sauce
1 soup spoon sweet black vinegar
2 soup spoon sugar
2 star anise
2 inches cinnamon
1 inch ginger, sliced
2 sprigs of spring onion (white part only)
1/2 tsp Sichuan peppercorn
2 bay leaves
Salt to taste
12-15 pieces bamboo leaf and dried reed strings
1. Soak bamboo leaves and dried reed strings until soft. Trim away the hard parts.
2. Cut pork belly into 1.5cm thick, 5 or 6 cm wide pieces.
3. Roll the belly pieces in the softened bamboo leaf and tie them tight with the reed strings.
4. Put everything into a pot and add enough water to cover.
5. On medium heat, bring to a gentle boil and lower to a simmer for 2 hours. Taste and adjust seasonings if needed. Let the rolls in the gravy until serving time.
6. Reheat to serve.