Tested Recipe with Slight Adjsutment Adapted from Patricia Lee’s Delicious Nyonya Kueh & Desserts
280g plain flour
2 tbsp rice flour
400ml thick coconut milk
- Combine all the ingredients and mix well with a wire whisk until sugar dissolves. Leave aside for 15-20 minutes to prove.
- Grease a kueh kapit mould on both sides and heat it up on the charcoal grill.
- Place the mould over the batter bowl and scoop batter into the mould. Allow excess batter to drip back into the bowl. Snap the mould shut and put it on the grill. Flip the mould over to grill on the other side.
- Roll up the kueh kapit when it is still hot.
- Cool before storing in an air-tight container.
I’ve used Takada egg rolls toaster for step no.2, 3 & 4 as follows:
- Wipe the cooker with wet dish cloth before use.
- No need to add oil when cooking as the surface layer made with teflon.
- Heat the cooker until the instructions light goes off.
- Open and fill 2/3 of the cooker with the mixture. Close it. When the instruction light goes off again, take it out and roll it with a round stick.