Ingredients: (yield 120 pieces)
15 pieces 8 ½” x 8 ½” spring roll skin (cut each piece into 8 equal pieces)
Filling: (mixed well)
1 cup packed chicken floss
1 tbsp toasted white sesame
1 tbsp toasted black sesame
Adequate cooking oil for deep-frying
- Lay a piece of spring roll skin on a working surface.
- Add ½ tsp filling at the center.
- Roll it up neatly, make a permanent knob by pushing the filling at the center.
- Repeat for the remaining ingredients.
- Heat up a wok on medium heat with adequate cooking oil for deep-frying.
- Deep-fry the spring roll crisp in batches until crispy and golden brown.
- Dish out and drain on paper towel.
- Transfer the drain spring roll crisp onto a baking tray lined with paper towel.
- Bake in pre-heated oven at 150 degree C for 5 minutes and lower the heat to 120 degree C for another 5 minutes. This will help to drain off the remaining oil.
- Remove, leave to cool completely.
- Keep the spring roll crisp in an air-tight container.