22 pieces 8 ½” x 8 ½” spring roll skin
1 butter (at room temperature)
Adequate cooking oil for deep-frying
Adequate icing sugar
- In a bowl, add in the egg and butter. Mix well.
- Lay a piece of spring roll skin on a working surface.
- Use a pastry brush, apply a thin layer of the egg mixture on one side of the surface.
- Roll it up tightly and set aside. Repeat for the remaining ingredients.
- Use a kitchen scissor to cut the coated spring roll diagonally into bite size pieces.
- Heat up a wok on medium heat with adequate cooking oil for deep-frying.
- Deep-fry the spring roll crisp in batches until crispy and golden brown.
- Dish out and drain on paper towel.
- Transfer the drain spring roll crisp onto a baking tray lined with paper towel.
- Bake in pre-heated oven at 150 degree C for 5 minutes and lower the heat to 120 degree C for another 5 minutes. This will help to drain off the remaining oil.
- Remove, leave to cool completely.
- Transfer the require amount into a dessert bowl, use a strainer, sprinkle some icing sugar on top and serve immediately.
- Keep the remaining spring roll crisp in an air-tight container for future use.