Tested Recipe Adapted from Koh Sai Ngo’s North Malaysian Delights
300g grouper fish flesh
1 box tofu / bean curd
4 dried Chinese mushroom
1 stalk spring onion (cut into shreds)
1 tbsp each shredded ginger, chopped garlic
1 tbsp each light soy sauce, oyster sauce, cooking wine
½ tbsp sesame oil
A pinch of salt
- Cut fish flesh and tofu into slices.
- Soak dried Chinese mushroom until soft, cut into shreds.
- Garlic oil: heat some oil, saute chopped garlic until fragrant, set aside.
- Arrange tofu in a steam plate, mix seasonings with fish flesh, arrange on top of tofu, then sprinkle with dried mushroom and shredded ginger.
- Bring water to boil, put the steam plate in a steamer, steam the fish over high heat for 12 to 15 minutes. Remove. Drizzle garlic oil over and sprinkle spring onion on top. Serve.