Tested Recipe with Slight Adjustment Adapted from nasilemaklover.blogspot.my
112g unsalted butter, at room temperature
75g caster sugar
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
100g self raising flour (i’ve used 100g all-purpose flour, 1 ¼ tsp baking powder & ¼ tsp salt, sifted together)
80g mashed banana
30g pine nuts
1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Roast pine nuts for 3 minutes, set aside.
2. Cream butter and sugar in a mixing bowl, and beat together until light and fluffy.
3. Add egg one at a time, combine well.
4. Add in mashed banana, mix well. Then add in flour and roasted pine nuts, combine well.
5. Pour cake batter into a lined (bottom) round cake pan, smooth the top and tap on countertop to remove air bubbles.
6. Bake the cake for 35 mins or until inserted with a skewer came out clean.
7. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.