Tested Recipe with Slight Adjustment Adapted from Jennie Shapter’s The Bread Machine Cookbook
¼ cup sun-dried tomato in olive oil (drain and shredded)
½ cup grated parmesan cheese
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
¾ tsp instant yeast
1 tsp salt
1 tsp granulated sugar
3 cup bread flour
½ cup wholemeal flour
7/8 cup water
1/3 cup milk
- In a small bowl, add in ¼ cup of the water and instant yeast. Stir well and leave aside for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add in the bread flour, wholemeal flour, olive oil, salt, sugar, milk and remaining water. Mix well and make a small well at the centre. Pour in the yeast mixture. Knead into a dough.
- Lay a silicone mat on a working surface. Continue to knead the dough until all ingredients come together. Continue kneading until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Transfer the dough into a bowl and leave the bowl in the cold oven for 1st round of proofing, about 45 minutes or until double in size.
- Transfer the dough on a silicone mat. Deflate and knead in the grated parmesan cheese, follow by sun-dried tomato. Roll out the dough with a rolling pin into an oval shape. With a seal upward, roll into a cylinder. With a seal facing down, place in the pre-greased loaf tin to have the 2nd round of proofing, until double in size.
- Bake in pre-heated oven at 180 C for 40 to 45 minutes, until turn brown. Remove from the oven and transfer onto a wire rack and leave to cool completely.