Tested Recipe Adapted from Koh Sai Ngo’s North Malaysian Delights
½ bitter gourd (big size)
1 tbsp chopped garlic
2 tbsp dried shrimp
2 tbsp fermented black bean
2 tbsp curry powder
1 bunch curry leaf
½ tbsp light soy sauce
½ tsp sesame oil
1 tsp sugar
4 tbsp water
1 tsp corn flour
A pinch of salt
- Cut bitter gourd into thin slices.
- Finely chop dried shrimp. Finely chop fermented black bean.
- Mix all seasonings ingredients until well-combined.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a wok, saute chopped garlic until fragrant, add in fermented black bean and dried shrimp to stir-fry until fragrant.
- Add in curry powder and curry leaf to stir-fry until fragrant, add in bitter gourd and stir-fry for 3 minutes until cooked.
- Pour in seasonings to mix until well combined, cook until sauce thickens. Serve.