Tested Recipe Adapted from Koh Sai Ngo’s North Malaysia Delights
2 bunches curry leaf
4 cloves garlic
6 red chilli
1 small piece turmeric
1 tbsp tamarind paste
½ tbsp sugar
½ tsp salt
- Scale, gut and rinse sardine, fry in hot oil until fragrant.
- Finely chop onion.
- Finely blend all sauce A into paste.
- Mix tamarind paste with ¼ cup water to form tamarind juice.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a wok, saute sauce A until fragrant, add in onion and curry leaf, cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add in sauce B and bring to boil, add in tomato and sardine, cook for another 2 minutes, serve.