1 no x 120g winter bamboo shoot
120g preserved meat (soaked and thinly sliced)
1 stalk x 120g leek (trimmed and sliced diagonally)
10 slices carrot (cut into flower design)
1 tbsp cooking oil
2 tbsp water
1 tbsp chilli flakes
1 tsp chicken seasoning powder
- Peeled the outer skin of bamboo shoot off, cut off the tough root end, use a vegetable peeler to trim off a thin layer of the edible core. Cut into halves. Add bamboo shoot into a pan cover with enough water to cover the bamboo shoot. Bring to a boil. Continue to simmer for another 30 minutes. Rinse with cold water, sliced and set aside.
- Heat up the oil in a wok. Add the preserved meat and stir-fry until fragrant.
- Add the bamboo shoot, stir-fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add leek and carrot and stir-fry for a while.
- Add seasonings and stir to combine.
- Dish out and serve.