Tested Recipe Adapted from Evon Kow
200g plain flour
1 egg yolk
¼ cup cold water
200g chicken breast meat (diced)
2 onions (coarsely chopped)
100g button mushroom (sliced)
150g frozen mixed vegetable
2 tbsp corn flour (mixed with ½ cup of water)
Some pepper and salt
- Prepare Filling: Heat 1 tbsp of oil and fry onion and chicken till fragrant. Add the remaining Filling ingredients and cook till the gravy is thick.
- Rub butter into flour. Add egg yolk and ice water, and knead with finger tips till it forms a smooth and soft dough. Roll the dough out and cut to fit the pie mould.
- Line bottom of the pie mould with a piece of dough. Add filling and seal with a cover by brushing some water on the edge.
- Brush the cover with egg wash and prick some holes with a cocktail stick.
- Preheat oven to 220C and bake for 20 minutes till browned.