Tested Recipe Adapted from Pung Lu Tin & Daniel Koh’s The World of Noodles
200g egg noodle
100g chicken breast
5 stalks Chinese chive
50g bean sprout
1 tbsp cooked white sesame seed
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper powder
1 tsp each sesame oil, corn flour
3 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp premium dark soy sauce
1 tsp each sugar, pepper
½ tbsp. sesame oil
- Wash chicken breast, wipe dry and cut into shreds. Mix chicken shreds with marinade and marinate for 15 minutes.
- Cut Chinese chives into 3cm sections. Cut onion into shreds. Rinse bean sprouts and drain.
- Bring some water to a boil, add in egg noodles and loosen. Cook over medium heat for 2 minutes. Remove and rinse with cold water. Drain and set aside.
- Heat up some oil in a wok, add in cooked egg noodles. Loosen the noodles with chopsticks and make sure the noodles are evenly coated with oil. Remove and set aside.
- Heat up some oil in a wok, stir-fry onion shreds until fragrant. Add chicken shreds, Chinese chives, and bean sprouts. Slightly stir-fry. Add seasonings and water. Bring to a boil.
- Add in noodles and stir-fry all ingredients in the wok until the noodles absorb the sauce. Sprinkle white sesame seeds on top. Serve.