Tested Recipe Adapted from Koh Sai Ngo’s North Malaysian Delights
300g minced meat
Adequate chopped spring onion
4 pieces cracker
2 tbsp light soy sauce
A pinch of pepper powder
A pinch of salt
3 tbsp tomato sauce
- Cut tomato into slices. Peel onion, cut into halves and then into slices.
- Crush cracker, mix with minced meat and seasonings A, stir and beat until sticky and well-combined.
- Cut potato into slices, deep-fry in hot oil until cooked, drain and set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a wok, drop in 1 tbsp of minced meat paste, repeat dropping in minced meat paste one by one. Slightly flatten the minced meat paste with a spatula. Deep-fry until both sides of meat loaf are golden brown. Repeat until all ingredients used up.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a wok, saute onion until fragrant, add in potato to stir-fry.
- Add in meat loaf and tomato, give it a quick stir, pour in tomato sauce and mix until well-combined.
- Pour in water and cook for 5 minutes until sauce thickens. Turn off heat, sprinkle spring onion over to garnish. Serve.