Tested Recipe with Slight Adjustment Adapted from Kenwood Breadmaker Manual
450g bread flour
15g oat bran
6 tsp full cream milk powder
6 tsp honey
1 tsp salt
1 1.2 tsp instant yeast
25g butter (at room temperature)
7/8 cup water
50g cranberries (chopped)
40g skinned hazelnuts (roasted and chopped)
- In a small bowl, add in ¼ of water and instant yeast. Stir well and leave aside for 5 minutes.
- In another small bowl, add in ¼ of water and honey. Stir until the honey dissolved and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add in the bread flour, oat bran, milk powder, salt and the remaining water. Mix well and make a small well at the centre. Pour in the honey solution and follow by yeast mixture. Knead into a dough.
- Lay a silicone mat on a working surface. Continue to knead the dough until all ingredients come together.
- Add in the butter, continue kneading until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Transfer the dough into a bowl and leave the bowl in the cold oven for 1st round of proofing, about 45 minutes or until double in size.
- Transfer the dough on a silicone mat. Deflate and knead in the chopped cranberries and hazelnuts.
- Roll out the dough with a rolling pin into an oval shape. With a seal upward, roll into a cylinder. With a seal facing down, place in the pre-greased loaf tin to have the 2nd round of proofing, until double in size.
- Bake in pre-heated oven at 180 C for 40 to 45 minutes, until turn brown. Remove from the oven and transfer onto a wire rack and leave to cool completely.