Tested Recipe Adapted from www.bakingtaitai.com
Ingredients (make an 8″ cake)
125g all purpose flour
75g ground almond
1.5 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
170g unsalted premium butter, softened
145g caster sugar
2 big eggs
1.5 tsp pure vanilla extract
180ml fresh milk
1. Preheat oven to 190C. Grease and line an 8″ cake pan.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, ground almonds, baking powder and salt.
3. Use an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar on medium speed until fluffy for about 2 minutes.
4. Add vanilla extract and beat in eggs gradually until well-combined.
5. On low speed, add flour mixture in 3 parts (1/2, 1/4 and 1/4), alternating with milk.
6. Switch mixer to medium and beat for 10 to 15 seconds, just until batter appears uniform.
7. Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth top with spatula or knife.
8. Bake for about 40 minutes, or until reaches a dark-gold color and inserted cake tester comes out clean.
9. Remove from oven, let rest in pan for 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool. Sift with icing sugar if desired.