8 pcs inari-age (seasoned deep-fry tofu pocket)
1 cup calrose rise
1.8 cup water
1 tsp toasted white sesame seed
½ tsp toasted black sesame seed
Seasonings: (mixed well and leave in the fridge overnight)
35ml rice vinegar
½ tsp salt
1 tbsp granulated white sugar
Some pickled ginger
- Wash and rinse the calrose rice and leave it aside to drain properly for 30 minutes.
- Add the calrose rice into the rice cooker together with 1.8 cup of water and cook as usual.
- Once the rice is cooked. Scoop the hot rice into a mixing bowl. Add in 2/3 portion of the vinegar mixture, mix well and leave to cool. The remaining to be use to apply on your hand when doing the stuffing of rice into the tofu pocket.
- Add in the toasted white and black sesame seed and toss well.
- Divide the sushi rice into 8 equal portions and stuff in one portion in each inari-age (seasoned deep-fry tofu pocket).
- Arrange neatly the inari sushi on a serving platter together with some pickled ginger and serve.