3 nos pacific saury
Adequate cooking oil for pan frying
Seasonings: (mixed well)
2 tbsp Kikkoman soy sauce
1 tbsp sake
1 tbsp mirin
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp water
2 tbsp potato flour
Some toasted sesame seed
- Filet and debone the fish. Cut each filet into half. Wash, rinse, drain and pat dry with paper towel.
- Sprinkle 2 tbsp of potato flour evenly on the filet.
- Heat up adequate oil for pan-frying, pan-fry the filet until golden brown.
- Dish out and discard the remaining oil.
- Pour the seasonings mixture into the pan and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat to low and add in the fried filet, stir to combine and continue to simmer until the sauce thickens.
- Dish out on a serving platter, garnish with some toasted sesame seed and serve.