1 no x 600g threadfin fish
½ tsp salt
1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
½ tsp ground white pepper
1 inch ginger (peeled and shredded)
1 tbsp chopped spring onion (white part only)
1 tsbp cooking oil
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp light soy sauce
2 cloves garlic (peeled and chopped)
1 shallot (peeled and sliced)
Some sliced red chilli and chopped spring onion
- Scale, gut and clean the fish, cut into slices, wash, rinse and pat-dry with paper towel.
- Marinate the fish pieces with marinade ingredients and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Arrange the fish pieces neatly on a steaming plate, i.e. fish head at the centre, surrounding by the remaining fish pieces.
- Steam at a preheated steamer for 10 minutes.
- Remove, discard water, ginger and spring onion and set aside.
- Heat up a pan with 1 tbsp of cooking oil and 1 tbsp of sesame oil, saute the chopped garlic and sliced shallot until fragrant and golden brown. Add in 1 tbsp of light soy sauce. Stir well and dish out to a small bowl.
- Drizzle the sauce evenly on top of the fish pieces, garnish with some sliced red chilli and chopped spring onion and serve immediately.