Tested Recipe Adapted from resipicitarasawan.blogspot.com
250g orange sweet potatoes, steamed and mashed
1 tsp tapioca flour
80g plain flour
1/2 tsp salt
80g castor sugar
2 tbsp water
1. Combine plain flour, tapioca flour and salt together and add to mashed sweet potatoes, kneading lightly until smooth.
2. Divide the dough 40g each equally, roll into smooth balls. Flatten the balls slightly and make a hole through the centre of each one with finger.
3. Heat oil in a pan or wok over medium heat, fry the doughnuts until golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper.
4. Mix the sugar and water and bring to boil over medium heat until concentrated into a thick syrup (required stirring constantly).
5. Add in doughnuts, turned off heat and mix well with the syrup, serve after cool.