Tested Recipe Adapted from Eva Kam Mum’s Loving Dishes
240g white rice, about 1 ½ rice cups rice
40g red rice
300g button mushrooms
100g grated mozzarella cheese
¾ tsp salt
Seasoning for button mushrooms:
½ tsp salt
½ tsp chicken powder
2 tbsp flour
1 tbsp butter
1 tsp chicken powder
- Rinse red rice and soak in water for 6 hours. Drain.
- Rinse and drain white rice. Mix two kinds of rice and place in a plate. Add water (according to the amount needed to cook white rice) and ¾ tsp of salt. Mix and steam for 30 to 45 minutes until done.
- White sauce: stir-fry flour in a plain wok without oil until slightly golden. Add butter and mix over low heat. Stir in milk bit by bit. Add chicken powder at the last and mix well. Adjust the thickness according to personal taste.
- Wipe button mushrooms with a wet towel and cut into thick slices. Stir-fry with a little oil until soft and put in the seasoning. Stir-fry until dry and remove heat.
- Add the rice to the mushrooms and mix well. Transfer to a baking dish.
- Pour the white sauce over the rice. Sprinkle over grated cheese. Bake in an oven pre-heated at 200C at the upper until the cheese is golden brown. Serve.