1 no broccoli (cut into floret)
½ onion (chopped)
A pinch of salt
3 slices bacon
¼ cup golden raisin
½ cup toasted cashew nuts
Dressing: (mixed well)
½ cup mayonnaise
½ tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp caster sugar
- Heat up a small saucepan without oil on low heat, pan-fry the bacon slices until crispy. Remove, drain on paper towel to absorb excessive oil and cut into small pieces.
- Bring some water to a boil. Quick blanch the broccoli. Remove, rinse with cold water and drain.
- In a small bowl, add in the chopped onion and rub it with a pinch of salt. Rinse the chopped onion with cold water and drain with a mesh strainer. Squeeze out the water, put them on a paper towel and remove the excess moisture.
- In a mixing bowl, add in the blanched broccoli, chopped onion and dressing. Stir to combine.
- Add in the bacon, golden raisin and toasted cashew nuts. Toss well and serve immediately.