Tested Recipe Adapted from Eva Kam Mum’s Loving Dishes
150g shelled shrimps
1 tbsp cooked lard, diced finely
Flying fish roes (Japanese crab roes)
8 medium-sized shanghai white cabbage
50g cooked lotus seeds (optional)
¼ tsp salt
Ground white pepper
½ tsp potato starch
5 tbsp stock
1 tsp potato starch
1/8 tsp salt
- Devein shrimps. Mix with a little rock salt and potato starch. Wash lightly and rinse. Wipe dry. Pat with a knife into mash and chop briefly with the back of knife.
- Mix shrimp paste with cooked lard and seasoning. Stir and throw from top down into a bowl until sticky. Refrigerate for at least ½ hour.
- Cut off leaves from shanghai white cabbage and trim the stalks into flower shaped. Trim off the central part. Rinse and wipe dry. Stuff in the shrimp paste.
- Steam over high heat for 5 minutes.
- Cook lotus seeds in the starch solution until boiled. Pour the mixture over the stuffed cabbages. Garnish with flying fish roes and serve.