4 tbsp freshly squeeze orange juice
1/2 no grated orange zest
1/2 no shredded orange zest (divided)
125g unsalted butter (at room temperature)
120g caster sugar
115g all-purpose flour
10g corn flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Pre-heat oven at 180C.
2. Grease a baking tray with 6’s (8.5cm x 5cm) mini loaf tray with butter.
3. In a mixing bowl, whisk the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
4. Add in egg one at a time and ensure fully incorporated during each addition.
5. Add in the orange juice, grated orange zest, 1/2 of the shredded orange zest and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
6. Sift the all-purpose flour, corn flour, baking powder and salt into the wet ingredients. Stir to combine.
7. Scoop the batter equally into the pre-greased mini loaf tray.
8. Sprinkle the other half of the orange zest on top.
9. Bake at preheated oven at 180C for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
10. Remove and leave to cool on wire rack before serving.