260g celery (trimmed and sliced diagonally)
10 slices carrot (cut into flower design)
3 tbsp homemade XO sauce
2 cloves garlic (peeled and chopped)
2 tbsp cooking oil
1 tbsp light soy sauce
½ tsp chicken seasoning powder
¼ tsp sugar
A dash of ground white pepper
1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
- Peeled the squid and score the inside of the flesh in a criss-cross pattern and cut into pieces.
- Blanch the squid pieces in boiling water for a short while. Dish out and drain.
- Heat up a wok with 2 tbsp of cooking oil, saute the chopped garlic until fragrant.
- Add in the celery and carrot, stir-fry for a while, add in squid, seasonings and XO sauce. Stir-fry constantly over high heat until combined.
- Dish out on a serving platter and serve hot.