126g fresh mango puree from 1 medium very ripe mango
165g glutinous rice flour
1 ½ tbsp rice flour
50g caster sugar
2 tbsp thick coconut milk
6 pcs approx. 2cm cubed firm ripe mango
Adequate desiccated coconut
- Preheat a steamer and grease a steaming plate with some cooking oil.
- In a mixing bowl, add in the mango puree, glutinous rice flour, rice flour, caster sugar and thick coconut milk. Knead into a smooth dough.
- Transfer the dough onto a pre-grease steaming plate, flatten it and steam at the preheated steamer for 30 minutes.
- Remove and leave to cool a bit.
- Put some desiccated coconut on a plate for coating.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portion.
- Lay a piece of cling wrap on a working surface and apply some cooking oil onto it.
- Put one portion of dough in it and wrap it and shape into a ball.
- Flatten it to a disc and put 1 pc of mango cubed at the centre of the disc. Wrap it and shape it into a ball.
- Put the ball onto the desiccated coconut, make sure the ball are evenly coated with the desiccated coconut and transfer into a plastic container.
- Repeat the same for the remaining ingredients.
- Chill in the fridge for at least one hour.
- Remove from the fridge, transfer individual pieces to cupcake paper cup before serve.