Tested Recipe Adapted from eugeniekitchen.com
1/2 cup & 1 tsp of confectioner sugar (65g)
2 tsp green tea powder
Pinch of salt
2 tsp of whole milk (10 ml)
1/2 cup & 1 tap of all purpose flour (65g)
1/2 tsp of baking powder (2g)
5 tbsp of unsalted butter, melted then cooled until lukewarm (65g)
Some toasted black sesame seeds
Confectioner’s sugar for garnish.
1. Preheat oven to 190C.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat an egg, milk, confectioner’s sugar, green tea powder and a pinch of salt just to blend. And set aside.
3. In another bowl, whisk flour and baking powder. This eliminates the sifting process of flour.
4. Pour the dry to the wet mixture, and fold turning the bowl just until moistened.
5. Beat in melted butter solely until thick ribbon is formed.
6. Sprinkle some toasted black sesame on molds before filling 2/3 of madeleine molds with batter.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes, or until puffed and golden brown.8. Let cool the madeleines in the pan for one minute. Then transfer Madeleines to the wire racks.
- Madeleines should come out clean after one minute of rest in the non-stick pan.10. Dust the shell sides with confectioner’s sugar (optional) before serving.