1 ¾ cup bread flour
1/3 cup cold full cream milk
1 beaten egg
30g unsalted butter (soften)
1 tbsp caster sugar
½ tsp salt
1 tsp instant yeast
Some egg wash
1 ½ tsp white sesame seeds
- In a mixing bowl, add in bread flour, caster sugar, salt and yeast. Whisk to combine. Add in beaten egg, milk and butter. Use a rubber spatula to mix to a rough dough.
- Transfer the dough onto a working surface lay with a silicone mat. Knead the dough until smooth and elastic.
- Divide the dough into 3 equal portions and shape each into a ball. Let the dough rest for 10 minutes.
- Form each piece of dough into a roll. Roll each piece of dough into a rope about 14 inches long. Tie the rope into a knot, with two long tails remaining. Tuck one tail under and one tail over, tucking in the middle, pitch the two edges together, shape into round to make the rosette shape.
- Transfer the dough onto a pre-lined baking sheet. Press the dough flat as we will require to have the even bottom for the hamburger buns.
- Leave the dough in the cold oven until doubled in size.
- Apply egg wash on top and garnish with ½ tsp of sesame seeds on each dough.
- Bake at preheated oven at 190C for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and place on wire rack to cool completely.