2 large russet potatoes
Adequate cooking oil for deep-frying
Salt to taste
- Peel and cut the potatoes into ¼ inch strips lengthwise.
- Rinse the potato strips a few times to remove the excess starch.
- Transfer into a container, top with enough water to cover the potato strips and leave in the fridge overnight.
- Remove the potato strips from the fridge, drain well and pat-dry with paper towel.
- Heat up a pot with adequate cooking oil for deep-frying at 160C.
- Deep-fry the potato strips in batches, turning frequently until lightly golden. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Increase the heat to 180C, deep-fry the fries in batches, turning frequently until golden brown. Remove, drain on paper towel to absorb excessive oil. Transfer to a serving platter and season with salt and serve immediately.