¼ cup tangzhong
1 ¾ bread flour
1 beaten egg
1 tbsp caster sugar
½ tsp salt
1 tsp instant yeast
1 tbsp full cream milk powder
30g unsalted butter (soften)
Some egg wash
¼ tsp white sesame seeds
- Add the tangzhong, bread flour, beaten egg, caster sugar, salt, instant yeast and full cream milk powder into a mixing bowl. Use a rubber spatula to mix it to become a rough dough.
- Transfer onto a silicone mat and continue to knead until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Add in unsalted butter, continue to knead until the dough become smooth and elastic.
- Transfer into a bowl and place it inside the cold oven for 1st proofing until double in size.
- Deflate the dough and divide into 2 equal portions. Let the dough rest for 10 minutes.
- Shape into balls, transfer onto a lined baking tray and flatten it a little and place it inside the cold oven for 2nd proofing until double in size.
- Brush the top with some egg wash and sprinkle 1/8 tsp of white sesame seeds on each bun.
- No need to preheat oven, bake at 180C for the first 5 minutes and 160C for another 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.