2 pcs dried hock chew noodles
1 tsp sesame oil
4 tbsp homemade chilli dried shrimps (divided)
40g peeled anchovies (rinsed and drained)
150g minced pork
8g black fungus (soaked until soften and shredded)
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1 tbsp chopped ginger
¼ cup water
Adequate cooking oil
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp chinese cooking wine
½ tsp sesame oil
½ tsp ground white pepper
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp chopped spring onion
- Marinate the minced pork with marinade ingredients and set aside.
- Heat up some oil in a pan with low heat, add in anchovies, pan-fry until crispy and golden brown. Dish out, drain on paper towel to absorb excessive oil and leave to cool completely for later use.
- Heat up 2 tbsp of cooking oil, saute the chopped garlic and ginger until fragrant. Add in minced pork, stir-fry until the pork become loosen, add in shredded black fungus, stir-fry for a while. Pour in ¼ cup water, continue to simmer until most of the liquid evaporated. Dish out and set aside.
- Bring some water to a boil, add in dried hock chew noodles, continue to cook until the noodles are al-dente. Dish out and mix with 1 tsp of sesame oil and divide the noodles into 2 separate serving bowl.
- To serve: add half portion of the minced pork, 2 tbsp of chilli dried shrimps and half portion of the anchovies on each bowl of serving bowl with noodles. Garnish with chopped spring onion and serve.