Tested Recipe with Slight Adjustment Adapted from allrecipes.com
2 cups bread flour
1 cup organic rye flour
3 tbsp potato flakes
2 tbsp caraway seeds
1 ½ tbsp demerara sugar
½ tsp salt
2 ½ tsp instant dried yeast
¼ cup canola oil
¼ cup sour pickle juice
1. In a small bowl, add in instant dried yeast and ¼ cup of water. Stir to combine and leave aside for 5 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, add in bread flour, organic rye flour, potato flakes, caraway seeds, demerara sugar, salt, canola oil and sour pickle juice. Stir to combine and create a well at the centre.
- Pour the yeast mixture into the well, gradually add in the remaining water and knead into a rough dough.
- Transfer the dough onto a working surface and continue to knead until smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in the mixing bowl and transfer into the cold oven for 1st round of proofing until doubled in size.
- Grease a 5×9-inch loaf pan with canola oil.
- Deflate the dough and shape into a log, and place into the prepared loaf pan.
- Transfer the loaf pan into the cold oven for 2nd round of proofing until doubled in size.
- Bake at 180C for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and leave on wire rack to cool completely.