Tested Recipe with Slight Adjustment Adapted from Hong Kong Cuisine: 37 Selections from Locals
3 nos sea coconut (220g) (peeled and cut into thick slices)
2 nos fresh lily bulbs (110g) (trimmed both ends and separate the petals)
2 tbsp dried rose buds + more for garnishing
¼ cup rock sugar
- Add 2000ml water into a pot and bring to a boil.
- Add in sea coconut and bring to a boil again. Turn heat to low and continue to simmer for 1 hour.
- Add in rock sugar and simmer until the sugar dissolved.
- Add in fresh lily bulbs and dried rose buds.
- Turn off heat. Cover the lid and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Dish out to individual serving bowl, garnish with some dried rose buds and serve.