Tested Recipe with Slight Adjustment Adapted from Hoe Yee’s Hawker Secret Recipes 4
260gg lady’s finger (okra) (trimmed both ends and sliced diagonally)
100g chicken breast (minced)
1 tbsp chopped spring onion
1 tbsp chopped red chillies
1 tbsp hot bean paste
1 tbsp chopped garlic
½ cup water
2 tbsp cooking oil
1 tsp light soy sauce
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp chicken seasoning powder
- Heat up 2 tbsp of cooking oil in a wok, saute the chopped garlic over low heat until fragrant.
- Add in minced chicken and hot bean paste, stirring constantly until the color of the chicken changed.
- Add the lady’s finger with seasoning and water, bring to a boil and simmer until tender crisp.
- Stir in chopped spring onion and red chillies.
- Dish out and serve with white rice.