65g unsalted butter + more for greasing the cake tin (soften at room temperature)
23g sour cream
100g caster sugar
2 large eggs
½ tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp lemon juice
Zest from 1 lemon
140g cake flour
½ tsp baking powder
9 hulled strawberries
Some icing sugar
- Preheat oven at 180C.
- Grease a 6” removable cake tin with butter and lined the base with a parchment paper and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add in unsalted butter, sour cream and caster sugar.
- Use an electric mixer to beat until fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add in the vanilla extract, lemon zest and lemon juice, beat well.
- Sift in the cake flour and baking powder. Use a rubber spatula to mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin.
- Smooth the top and decorate with hulled strawberries.
- Bake at preheated oven at 180C for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted at the centre comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and cool cake completely before removing from the cake tin. Discard the parchment paper and transfer onto a serving platter.
- Garnish with icing sugar before serving.