50g black glutinous rice
50g red lotus seed
50g dried longan
50g red bean
60g green bean
280g fresh wai sun (Chinese yam)
2 slab brown rock sugar
- Soak the black glutinous rice, red lotus seed, red bean, groundnuts and barley separately overnight. Rinse, drained and transfer into a bowl.
- Rinse and drained the green bean. Put together into the bowl.
- Peel and diced the fresh wai sun. Rinse, drained and set aside.
- Add in 3000ml of water into a pot and bring to a boil.
- Add in dried longan, black glutinous rice, red lotus seed, red bean, groundnuts, barley and green bean. Bring to a boil again.
- Turn heat to low and continue to simmer for 1 ½ hour. Stir occasionally to prevent from sticking to the bottom.
- Add in diced wai sun and brown rock sugar.
- Continue to cook for another 20 minutes, or until the wai sun turn soft and the brown rock sugar are completely dissolved.
- Dish out to individual serving bowl and serve.