Tested Recipe Adapted from Oriental Cuisine
140g plain flour (sifted)
1/8 tsp baking powder
1 grade A egg
1/4 tsp salt
Cooking oil for deep frying
- In a mixing bowl, combine egg, sugar, salt & butter together.
- Gradually add in sifted plain flour & baking powder, knead to form soft & pliable dough.
- Rest dough covered with damp towel for 30 minutes.
- Roll out dough into 1mm thickness & cut into 5cmx2.5cm rectangles.
- Place 2 pieces dough together & make a slit in the centre. Twist one end of dough from the bottom up to form butterfly shape.
- Heat oil in medium to low heat, deep fry biscuits until light golden brown.
- Remove & drain on paper towels.
- Store in airtight container.