125g unsalted butter (soften at room temperature)
40g icing sugar
125g all-purpose flour
40g custard powder
15g unsalted butter (soften at room temperature)
30g icing sugar
½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Place the unsalted butter and icing sugar into a mixing bowl. Use a rubber spatula to stir to combine.
- Sift in the all-purpose flour and custard powder. Stir to combine to form a dough.
- Place the dough into a plastic container and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and divide the dough into 16 equal portions, about 20g each and roll into ball shapes and place on pre-lined baking sheets with silicone baking mat about 2 inches apart and press down with the back of a fork.
- Bake at 180C for 25 minutes or until light golden. Sift the baking sheet halfway for even browning.
- Remove and cool completely on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, make the butter cream by adding the unsalted butter, icing sugar and vanilla extract into a small bowl. Use an electric mixer to beat until light and fluffy.
- When biscuits are cool completely, sandwich two biscuits (back to back) with a dollop of buttercream in the middle. Enjoy!