Tested Recipe with Slight Adjustment Adapted from en.christinesrecipes.com
10 large prawns (300g)
2 pieces fermented beancurd
2 tbsp chopped garlic
1 tbsp cooking oil
1 tbsp chopped spring onion
- Rinse prawns thoroughly and pat dry. Use a pair of scissors to cut the shells along the back of the prawns as it will help cut the flesh much easier. Then use a knife to make an incision by cutting the flesh about three-quarters of the way into prawn flesh, from the head to nearly all the way down to the tail. Remove the vein. Open the flesh and slightly press to flatten.
- Heat up a small saucepan with 1 tbsp of cooking oil, add in chopped garlic, lightly sautéed until fragrant. Remove and leave to cool completely.
- Using a fork to mash the fermented beancurd into paste. Combine with the garlic. Divide into 10 equal portion and evenly spoon the mixture onto the incision of each prawn.
- Steam the prawns in preheated steamer over high heat for 10 minutes or until the prawn shells become orange-red and the flesh turn white.
- Remove, garnish with chopped spring onion and serve immediately.