Tested Recipe with Slight Adjustment Adapted from Koh Sai Ngo’s The Best of Penang Street Food
2 pcs wonton noodles
4 stalk baby choysum (rinsed and sectioned)
12 pcs medium-sized prawn (shelled and deveined with the tail intact)
70g squids (cut into pieces)
100g lean meat (sliced)
50g pig’s liver (sliced)
500ml water mixed with 1 tbsp concentrated chicken stock
½ tbsp chopped garlic
½ tbsp light soy sauce
½ tsp ground white pepper
Pinch of salt
2 tbsp corn flour mixed with 3 tbsp water
Pickled Green Chili:
6 green chilies (cut into rings, blanched and drained)
4 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp vinegar
- Pickled Green Chilli: Mix all ingredients until well combined, and marinate until the next day.
- Loosen wonton noodles and deep-fry in hot oil. Remove and place on a serving plate.
- Heat up 3 tbsp of oil, stir-fry chopped garlic until fragrant. Add prawns, squids and lean meat, stir-fry well.
- Add stock and seasonings, bring to a boil. Add baby choysum and pig’s liver, bring to a boil. Lastly, thicken the gravy with corn flour solution. Turn off the heat.
- Immediately pour the gravy onto the noodles, serve with Pickled Green Chili.