Tested Recipe with Slight Adjustment Adapted from en.christinesrecipes.com
270g bread flour
43g caster sugar
5g full cream milk powder
6g instant dried yeast
43g whisked egg
30g whipping cream
27g full cream milk
25g unsalted butter (melted)
- In a mixing bowl, add in bread flour, caster sugar, salt, full cream milk powder, whisked egg, whipping cream and tangzhong. Stir to combine.
- Add in the instant dried yeast and knead into a rough dough.
- Transfer the rough dough onto a working surface and gradually add in the full cream milk. Knead until everything are well incorporated.
- Gradually add in the melted unsalted butter and knead until the dough become smooth and elastic.
- Transfer the dough into the mixing bowl and leave in the cold oven for 1st round of proofing until double in size.
- Deflate the dough and divide into 3 equal portions. Let the dough rest for 15 minutes.
- Roll out each portion of a dough with a rolling pin into an oval shape. Fold 1/3 from top edge to the middle and press. Then fold 1/3 from bottom to the middle and press. Turn seal downward. Roll flat and stretch to about 30cm in length. With a seal upward, roll into a cylinder. With a seal facing down, place in the 8 x 4 x 4-inch loaf tin for 2nd round of proofing, until double in size.
- Brush whisked egg on surface. Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 35 minutes or until turn brown. Remove from the oven and transfer onto a wire rack to cool completely.