Tested Recipe with Slight Adjustment Adapted from Agnes Chang
1 kg pork (80% lean, 20% fat), minced
2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 ½ tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce
2 tbsp Chinese rose wine
200g caster sugar
½ tsp ground white pepper
1/8 tsp five spice powder
½ tsp sesame oil
- Put minced meat into a mixing bowl, add all seasoning and mix well. Leave in the fridge overnight.
- Remove the marinated minced meat from the fridge, divide into 3 equal portion and set aside.
- Cut 3 pcs of parchment paper into 25 ½ cm square. Fold ¾ cm up from all sides and place on 3 pcs of baking sheet separately.
- Spread each portion of the marinated minced meat evenly into each 24cm square accordingly.
- Transfer the baking sheet into the oven using top, middle and lower rack.
- Bake at 100C for 3 hours or until it can be lifted up.
- Cut into 12cm square pieces. In total we will have 12 pieces, i.e. cut each 24cm square into 4 pieces.
- Arrange the minced meat pieces on a wire rack place on top of a roasting pan.
- Grill at 180C for 30 minutes, 200C for 15 minutes and 220C for 30 minutes or until golden brown on both sides.
- Remove from the oven, leave to cool completely before storing into an air-tight container. Remaining unused one to be kept in the fridge for later use.